Education, Intellect, Economy, Crime and Life Expectancy
IQ averages: www.tu-chemnitz.de (...)
IQ averages: rlynn.co.uk (...)
IQ averages: worldpopulationreview.com (...)
Information about countries: www.cia.gov (...)
CSV document-table: IQ_and_Countries.csv
|EDU - education, literacy.
IQ - intelligence quotient.
GDP - gross domestic product (economic well-being).
IM - infant mortality per 1000 births.
LE - average life expectancy.
NB - number of non-believers (percentage).
AT - average annual temperature of the country.
FR - birth rate.
IH - homicides per 100 000 inhabitants.
CI - crime index.
CPI - corruption perception index.
1. IQ of country starts to rise quickly if EDU is higher than 85%. Lower EDU doesn’t have big impact on IQ.
2a. IQ and average annual temperature (°C). Optimal ambient temperature for cognitive performance is around 22°C.
2b. IQ and average annual temperature (°C). Optimal ambient temperature for cognitive performance is around 22°C. IQ2 averages from: worldpopulationreview.com (...)
3. The higher IQ - the higher GDP. To raise economy quickly, country must have not less than 85 IQ - support of poor countries without investing in education is waste of money.
4. Infant mortality and IQ.
5. To live 60-80 years, country must have at least 80 IQ average. To live more than 80 years, country must have 95 IQ average. Life expectancy rises with IQ, but this rise is not significant when IQ reaches 100.
6. Non believers and IQ - Religion is a side effect of poor education.
7. Fertility rate, total (births per woman):
8. Intentional homicides (per 100,000 people):
9. Crime index. Crime index is an estimate of the overall level of crime in a country. Crime level scores: 0-20 - very low, 20-40 - low, 40-60 medium, 60-80 high, 80-100 very high. Source: numbeo.com
10. Corruption Perception Index. Points: 0 - absolutely corrupt country, 100 - very transparent country. Source: transparency.org (...)
What could be done to make sure that people in power are smarter?
It is logical for people to want smarter decisions to succeed. Slightly modified voting system, which takes into account experience and knowledge, could be used for that. Each citizen, at the age of 16, will receive ability to cast 1.00 vote. On reaching certain age (experience) and education degree (knowledge), person would get ability to cast small amount of bonus vote points:
This system could be used on large-scale anonymous elections i.e., where individual vote doesn't change a lot. People must agree on bonus points formula, which must be small enough for everybody to agree and to make sure that amount can’t be used to gain unfair advantage with bonus points.
Calculations from Lithuanian census in 2001, based on achieved education level by religious and non-religious groups. Census shows that less educated areas are filled with more religious people.
Age at which education was officially finished - average IQ
22yr - 114 IQ
18yr - 100 IQ
16yr - 88 IQ
14yr - 74 IQ
10yr - 55 IQ
Average IQ of non-believers - 89.31
Average IQ of believers - 83.93
IQ difference - 5.38
Average IQ of population is actually higher - 94 (2007).
Author Dr Pat Mottram said: "Overall our findings show that the average IQ of the prison population is 13 below the national average of 100. Source: news.bbc.co.uk (...)
Difference between prison inmates and population average is bigger (-17 IQ) for serious offenders and smaller (-1 IQ) for non-serious offenders (Criminology: an interdisciplinary approach" by Anthony Walsh, Lee Ellis).
With help of education IQ can be improved:
COUNTRY (YEAR) IQ (YEAR) IQ (+IQ)
West Germany (1954) 78 (2002) 102 (+24)
France (1949) 73 (2002) 98 (+25)
Netherlands (1952) 78 (2002) 102 (+24)
Japan (1950) 79 (2002) 105 (+26)
USA (1918) 72 (2002) 98 (+26)
UK (1900) 70 (2002) 100 (+30)